Regarding the dates of launching of KEO into space and the successive postponements:
answers to the questions raised about the KEO project
When seeking information on the internet about the KEO project and searching for requests such as “KEO satellite” or “KEO UNESCO”, one is directed towards thousands of pages which recall the developments since its origin in 1994.
Among these pages, some mention a launching in 2001, others in 2003, in 2006…
These different dates sow a legitimate doubt on the “reality” and credibility of the project and raise multiple interrogations amidst the net surfers.
These questions have been grouped together into the following 8 queries to which we would like to provide an answer.
- Why these successive postponements of the KEO launching ?
- Is the space technical feasibility of the satellite really acquired and since when ?
- Why KEO does no longer have a link with the UNESCO site ?
- Which countries have addressed the most messages to KEO ?
- From which date would the messages aboard KEO, once converted into anonymous in their copy preserved on Earth, will be accessible on the Internet ?
- Which are the consequences entailed due to the prolongation of the project ?
- The implications of the new dimension taken by the project.
- The next steps